Q. I want to visit the library. What services are available to visitors?
Answered By: Sue Vazakas Last Updated: Jun 22, 2017 Views: 28
Access to the Eisenhower Library and Brody Learning Commons is granted to any person aged 16 or older upon presentation of a current, valid photo ID issued by a government agency or college/university.
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Members of the public are welcome to visit and use the Eisenhower and Brody from 7:30 am - 10 pm every day, except during posted exam hours.
Computers and Internet
- Within the library, visitors can connect their laptops to the Internet via the University's "JHGuestnet" wireless network connection. Guestnet will not provide access to the library's electronic resources.
- There are six computers on M-level that do not require a login. We ask that you limit your use of them to two hours to provide access to a greater number of patrons. They are located on M-level under the stairs, just past the entrance.
- The general public may purchase a library card from the Service Desk on M-level.
- The annual fee is $200.
- Privileges with this card include access to the holdings of the Eisenhower Library and the Libraries Service Center.
- The visitor loan period is six weeks with valid MSE Library Card.
- Two renewals are allowed, each for a six-week period, unless an item is recalled.
- To request materials held at the Libraries Service Center, email email@example.com before your visit. (For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- You may borrow up to 50 items at any one time.
Note: Purchase of a library card does not provide off-site access to our online databases and journals or access to Interlibrary Loan services.
Visitors from BorrowDirect Institutions and from Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA)
Eligible faculty, staff, and students from MICA as well as Brown, Cornell, Columbia, Dartmouth, Duke, Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, and Yale may request borrowing privileges at the Service Desk on M-level of the Eisenhower Library.
- Bring your academic ID and be prepared to login to your home institution's account for authentication. Basic borrowing privileges apply.
- For more information contact Circmail@jhu.edu.