Q. What is Borrow Direct?
Answered By: Deborah Slingluff Last Updated: Jan 19, 2023 Views: 9842
- Borrow Direct is usually faster; materials typically arrive in 4-5 business days
- You can request items that are OWNED by JHU’s libraries but which are MISSING, CHECKED OUT, or ON RESERVE
PRINT Books and printed music (scores) that are not owned or available at Johns Hopkins
that are not owned or available at Johns Hopkins
Search theJHU catalog (Catalyst) to make sure that we do not have the item you want. Search theBorrow Direct catalog (enter your JHED ID to take you to the search page).
- Find the item that you want
Look at the little symbol on the far right of the page to make sure that your book isNOT an e-book ; we can't borrow e-books (yet)
- Select a pick-up location, and click REQUEST.
If BorrowDirect can NOT supply the item, you will see a link to JHU's ILL service. Select the appropriate request form, and the information about the item you want will be added to the form automatically.
9. If I am visiting a BorrowDirect member library, can I borrow books while I'm there?
Yes. Present your Hopkins campus ID card and log into your Hopkins Interlibrary Loan account to show your current status. Once verified, you may check out materials under the member library's borrowing policies. If for some reason, you aren't able to log into your Johns Hopkins Interlibrary loan, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can work with you to get you verified to the other BorrowDirect member library ahead of your office.