Q. How do I borrow a book from the library?
Answered By: Margaret Burri Last Updated: Mar 18, 2020 Views: 6094
Check out your books
- at the Service Desk on M-level in the Eisenhower Library building
- with your cell phone or mobile device
- Download free Hopkins Self-checkout app from the Google Play or Apple App store and log in with your JHED ID
- Check out books with your phone
- Desensitize at the station on M-Level if you're taking books out of the building
- at a self-checkout stations on
- Eisenhower M-level near the Service Desk
- Brody Q-level next to the guard's desk
- Brody B-level next to the guard's desk
- (For DVDs, you still have to go to the Services Desk on M-level to have the lock removed)
- Visiting scholars must speak with their sponsoring academic department or program to start this process
- Once they are added to JHED and given a Jcard, they will have borrowing privileges according to the status assigned by their sponsoring department.
Alumni and General Public
You may purchase a library card from the Service Desk on M-level
- For alumni, the card fee is $100/year for MSE borrowing only; card for all JHU U.S. libraries is $200/year
- For the general public, the card fee is $200/year for MSE borrowing only
- The loan period with this card is six weeks; two renewals are allowed, each for a six-week period, unless an item is recalled
- To request materials held at the Libraries Service Center, email firstname.lastname@example.org before your visit. (For more information, write to email@example.com.)
- You may borrow up to 50 items at any one time
Note: Purchase of a library card, or enrollment in Osher or Odyssey courses, does not give off-site access to our online databases and journals, or access to Interlibrary Loan services.
Visitors from BorrowDirect Institutions and from Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA)
Eligible faculty, staff, and students from MICA as well as Brown, Cornell, Columbia, Dartmouth, Duke, Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, and Yale may request borrowing privileges at the Service Desk on M-level of the Eisenhower Library.
- Bring your academic ID and be prepared to login to your home institution's account for authentication. Basic borrowing privileges apply.
- For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hopkins Retirees, Spouses, and Other Statuses -- Please contact email@example.com.
Users from Baltimore Museum of Art, Space Telescope Science Institute, and Others -- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.