- Book pickup service is available for select print materials from Johns Hopkins libraries or through BorrowDIrect. Eligible items have a “Request Pickup” button in the Catalyst catalog record. Refer to the Borrow and Request Materials page for instructions about how to request materials for pickup, how to pick-up the materials, and how to return materials. Pickup reservations are not required at this time.
- Library stacks are closed; please use the book pickup service. Stacks browsing is not available for spring 2021. Stacks must remain closed in order to comply with copyright law as we participate in the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service, which provides critical equitable support for faculty, staff, and students, regardless of their location.
- BorrowDirect is operating with reduced partner libraries and under COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safe handling of library materials. You can expect to receive materials approximately one week after placing a request in Catalyst, depending on where items are coming from.
- Materials may be returned to book bins at MSEL, Welch Medical Library, SAIS Library, and Friedheim Library. Incoming materials will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- Interlibrary Loan requests for electronic articles continue to be fulfilled. Delays in borrowing may occur. Requests for physical materials may be submitted, but will only be filled if a digital copy is available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about requests.
- Limited access to non-circulating materials from Sheridan Libraries Special Collections and University Archives is available by appointment only to current Hopkins faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students. Hopkins undergraduates will be able to make appointments beginning Monday, February 1.
- If you have left or are leaving the Baltimore area permanently and cannot return materials to the MSE Library book bins and need to make other arrangements, or have questions about books or materials you have checked out, email email@example.com.