How to get Public Performance Rights (PPR) for films you wish to show on campus


First, consult the SAIS Film Sceening Policy in the SAIS myjhu portal.

JHU has a small selection of films that already include Public Performance Rights (PPR). Use this search in Catalyst, the JHU Libraries catalog, to find those films. Note you should add other keywords to the search, such as title or director.

If you cannot find your film, contact one of these companies to obtain permission - start with Swank.

Documentaries may have additional options. For instance, see Kanopy's PPR policy. As always, feel free to consult a SAIS Librarian if you have questions.


  • Last Updated Aug 15, 2023
  • Views 2
  • Answered By Stephen Sears

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0