Answered By: Margaret Burri Last Updated: Aug 10, 2016 Views: 286
Yes. If you need a space to promote your groups, sell tickets for your next event, or promote any type of future student activity you can try our Q level space, which is 8' x 13' (large enough for an 8 foot table and a couple of chairs) on the north end of Q level, next to the Keyser Quad entrance doors. You may also request to use the Tyler Terrace, which is the Quad level patio space between MSE and BLC adjacent to the café.
All events must be sponsored by an official JHU student group or department.
To request space, contact the library's Support Services office at 410-516-8338. Requests should be made at least five business days in advance of the date of the event.
Permission is given on a first come, first served basis. Only one event may run at a time per location.
Here are the rules:
- You are responsible for providing any furniture needed for the event and for removing it within 24 hours after the event. To rent additional furniture from JHU Facilities, you can use the form at the bottom of this page.
- Events may not obstruct entrance to and egress from the library, nor to any interior areas patrons and staff need to access.
- No signage related to any event may be posted on or in the library, except on the tables you provide and on designated bulletin boards.
- You are responsible for leaving the premises after the event in the same condition as it was before the event.
- You are responsible for the behavior of people working on the event. Excessive noise and behavior disruptive to patrons will not be tolerated and could result in shutting down the event.