Q. How do I borrow a book from the library?
Answered By: Margaret Burri Last Updated: Aug 16, 2017 Views: 1054
Check out your books
- at the Service Desk on M-level in the Eisenhower Library building
- with your cell phone or mobile device
- Download free meescan app
- Activate with the JHU code - available at the library
- Check out books with your phone
- Desensitize at the station on the way out if you're taking books out of the building
- at a self-checkout station on
- Eisenhower M-level near the Service Desk
- Brody Q-level next to the guard's desk
- Brody B-level next to the guard's desk
- Visiting scholars must speak with their sponsoring academic department or program to start this process
- Once they are added to JHED and given a Jcard, they will have borrowing privileges according to the status assigned by their sponsoring department.
Alumni and General Public
- You may purchase a library card from the Service Desk on M-level
- Eisenhower Library card fee is $100/year; card for all JHU U.S. libraries is $200/year
- Privileges with this card include access to the holdings of the Eisenhower Library and the Libraries Service Center
- The loan period with this card is six weeks
- Two renewals are allowed, each for a six-week period, unless an item is recalled
- To request materials held at the Libraries Service Center, email email@example.com before your visit. (For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- You may borrow up to 50 items at any one time
Note: Purchase of a library card does not give off-site access to our online databases and journals, or access to Interlibrary Loan services.
Visitors from BorrowDirect Institutions and from Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA)
Eligible faculty, staff, and students from MICA as well as Brown, Cornell, Columbia, Dartmouth, Duke, Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, and Yale may request borrowing privileges at the Service Desk on M-level of the Eisenhower Library.
- Bring your academic ID and be prepared to login to your home institution's account for authentication. Basic borrowing privileges apply.
- For more information contact email@example.com.
Hopkins Retirees, Spouses, and Other Statuses -- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users from Baltimore Museum of Art, Space Telescope Science Institute, and Others -- Please contact email@example.com.