Answered By: Margaret Burri
Last Updated: Aug 16, 2017     Views: 6381

Interlibrary loan (ILL) lets you get materials that JHU doesn't own. You can get you books and journal articles, but some libraries will also loan DVDs and microfilm.

For books and musical scores, you can also try Borrow Direct.  It is faster and has a longer loan period than ILL.

  • Go to the library home page
  • Look under REQUEST MATERIALS for Interlibrary Loan. If you've never used it before, a page will pop up asking you your name, etc.
  • On Google Scholar or in a database, click FindIT@JHU -- if we do not have the article, click "MSE Borrower." That will send the article information into the ILL form automatically.
  • If we ONLY have a book in online form but you want the book in PRINT, please add a note to the ILL form to say so.

All current faculty, students, and staff are eligible for free, unlimited use of ILL. Alumni who have purchased a library card, spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependents of current JHU faculty, staff and students may request from other JHU libraries through the catalog.


Contact Us

Call us: 410-516-8335
Text us: 410-692-8874
Email us: