Q. How do I configure my Mac laptop for wireless printing?
Answered By: Oleg Tsygan Last Updated: Feb 13, 2019 Views: 18271
For more information, please see the JHU Mobile Print Instructions
Mac OS X Printing setup for BLC and MSEL
For Windows PC instructions, please visit Printing from your laptop in MSE Library and BLC- Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 64 bit
Before you begin:
- Read and make a copy of these instructions.
- Review Johns Hopkins IT use policy.
- Login to the Johns Hopkins secure "hopkins" network (REQUIRED) using your JHED ID and password (see wireless connectivity pages for instructions).
If you are updating: please remove old printers first.
- Open System preferences / Printers and Scanners
- Select MSEL printer, click the “ – “ in left lower corner to remove
Install Popup Client:
Note: Popup is currently not compatible with the Fast User Switching feature of Mac OS X. Always disable Fast User Switching when installing Popup on a computer.
- Download the file MSELMac.dmg.
- Double-click this file to create a new disk image in Finder. This disk contains the Popup installer, Popup.pkg.
- Double-click the installer to run it. You may be requested to authenticate as administrator.
- Click Install (or Upgrade). The installer automatically installs Popup and required support files.
You installed 2 printers - "MSEL-BW" and “MSEL-Color”.
CAVEAT: Do not change the name of these printers or their settings. If you do, the printing may no longer work.
- Begin printing as usual using your browser, word processor or other application.
- At the first popup window select the printer you want to use, make changes as necessary, and click OK.
- Enter a name for your print job in the next popup window.
- Retrieve your B/W print job from any of the public printers in the MSE Library, BLC, or in the Hut; color printouts on M or A level of the MSE Library or BLC.
If you have a problem, please report it to Laptop Printing Support.
- Is there a version of this for linux?
- There is no Linux client, but you can you JHU Mobile Print for your printing.