Q. How do I configure my PC laptop for wireless printing?
Answered By: Oleg Tsygan Last Updated: Feb 13, 2019 Views: 9072
For more information, please see the JHU Mobile Print Instructions
Printing from your laptop in MSE Library and BLC - Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 64 bit
For Mac OS X instructions, please visit Mac OS X Printing setup for BLC and MSEL
Note: MSE Library and Brody Learning Commons share the printing system; you print job can be picked up in either building.
Before you begin
- Read and make a copy of these instructions.
- Review Johns Hopkins IT use policy.
- Close all programs except your browser.
- Login to the Johns Hopkins secure "hopkins" network using your JHED ID and password, or connect to JHU wired network.
If you are updating: please uninstall old client first
- Open Settings / Apps and features
- Select “Pharos” from the list, and uninstall
Install the software (must have Administrator privileges)
- Download the installer file: MSEL_for_x64.exe (91 MB)
- Double click downloaded file to run it.
- Follow prompts to Install and Finish installation.
You installed 2 printers - "MSEL-BW on ESMPHAROPRNTP1.WIN.AD.JHU.EDU" and “MSEL-Color on ESMPHAROPRNTP1.WIN.AD.JHU.EDU”.
CAVEAT: Do not change the name of these printers or their settings. If you do, the printing may no longer work.
- Begin printing as usual using your browser, word processor or other application.
- At the first popup window select the printer you want to use, make changes as necessary, and click OK.
- Enter a name for your print job in the next popup window.
- Retrieve your B/W print job from any of the public printers in the MSE Library, BLC, or in the Hut; color printouts on M or A level of the MSE Library or BLC.
If you have a problem, please report it to Laptop Printing Support.