Q. How do I configure my PC laptop for wireless printing?
Answered By: Oleg Tsygan Last Updated: Aug 22, 2017 Views: 4628
For more information, please see the JHU Mobile Print Instructions
Printing from your laptop in MSE Library and BLC For Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, 32 bit and 64 bit
For Mac OS X instructions, please visit Mac OS X Printing setup for BLC and MSEL
Before you begin
Read and make a copy of these instructions. ReviewJohns Hopkins IT use policy .
- Close all programs except your browser.
- Login to the Johns Hopkins secure "hopkins" network (both wired and wireless will work) using your JHED ID and password.
Install the software (must have Administrative privileges)
Download the correct file for your operating system. Make a note of where the file is saved: Extract files from the file that you just saved. This can often be done by right clicking on file icon, choosing “Extract All” and then selecting a location where you want to save the extracted files.
- Open the folder with extracted files
Run file “EditHosts” (you may see the full file name, EditHosts.exe, if you have extensions visible). OnWindows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 , right click the file and choose "Run as administrator " from the menu.
Double click MSELPrinters file. (The end part of the file name will be different, depending on your version of the operating system, and whether you have extensions visible).
- Follow prompts to Install and Finish installation.
You installed 2 printers - "MSEPrint on AIR" and “MSE Color on AIR”.
- Begin printing as usual using your browser, word processor or other application.
- At the first popup window select the printer you want to use, make changes as necessary, and click OK.
- Enter a name for your print job in the next popup window.
- Retrieve your B/W print job from any of the public printers in the MSE Library, BLC, or in the Hut; color printouts on M or A level of the MSE Library.