Q. I am searching PubMed. How do I get an article?
Answered By: Sue Vazakas Last Updated: Jan 09, 2019 Views: 176
- The "jhumlib" in the address means that you can go straight through from an icon to the full text of the article
- If you search Google for "pubmed," you will NOT get this address!
Anyone from anywhere can see the icons in PubMed that lead to the full text. However, they will NOT be asked for their JHED ID, and so will not be able to get the article itself.
You always want to be able to
- search PubMed
- click on an article title
- click on one of the icons in the upper right corner (which is usually FIND IT @ JHU)
- be taken to the article
Therefore, make sure that you:
- are using a Hopkins computer, OR
- are on Hopkins wireless, OR
- are logged in through my.jhu.edu (or VPN, if you prefer)
You can reach the JHU address for PubMed through: