Answered By: Margaret Burri Last Updated: Jan 27, 2017 Views: 129
Yes, in fact we currently have more than 1 million e-books.
They are in the library's catalog along with all of the rest of our holdings.
- Searching -- If you want to search for *only* e-books:
(1) Under FORMAT, choose BOOKS, and then SEARCH
(2) Go to FORMAT again, choose ONLINE, and then SEARCH. (You must do those steps one at a time.)
- Free -- Our e-books are FREE to use, but you must be a JHU affiliate or must be using a JHU computer.
- "Checking out" -- Two kinds of e-books require you to "check them out": these are EBL e-books and EBSCO e-books. (Checking them out is FREE.)
--- Only JHU affiliates can use EBL books. EBL requires a JHED ID, even on Hopkins computers. Therefore, guests cannot access EBL books at all.
- Downloading, copying, printing -- E-book publishers have different rules. Please check CAN I DOWNLOAD, PRINT, ETC.? in the E-books guide. This page is arranged by the name of the PUBLISHER (which is in the library catalog record for the book).