Q. Can I eat in the library?
Answered By: Margaret Burri Last Updated: Aug 16, 2017 Views: 1603
The Sheridan Libraries food and drink policy is intended to provide an environment respectful of all users' study needs; to preserve library collections and equipment; and to maintain the overall cleanliness, longevity, and comfort of library furnishings.
The following policies apply:
Covered drinks and snacks are permittedEXCEPT in designated areas (see below).
- Users must avoid consuming items that create messes or disrupt others.
- Users whose food disrupts others, for example noise or strong odors, will be asked to enjoy it outside the security perimeters.
All library users are expected to act responsibly and courteously by disposing of trash and recyclables, and cleaning spills and crumbs. Major spills should be reported to the nearest security desk as soon as possible.
- No food or drink
- Special Collections (Reading Room, Cage)
Covered drinks butNO food
- BLC Quiet Reading Room (Q-Level)
- BLC 2030, 2040, 4040, 5015, 5017
BLC Macksey (exceptions for light food may be granted for special events. Absolutely no hot food permitted. )
- MSEL ERC
- MSEL Quiet Reading Room (M-Level)
- MSEL D-Level
- MSEL Digitization Unit (A- Level)
- MSEL AV viewing rooms (A-Level)