Answered By: Susan Payne Last Updated: Apr 28, 2017 Views: 2091
Information Technology services at Johns Hopkins recently switched to a VPN, which will improve remote access and security.
This new, clientless VPN has many new features and benefits, including:
- Internet browser-based, so does not need any additional software installs
- Works well in all standard browsers such as Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome
- Provides easy access to information stored on the network
- Remotely control/access your work desktop computer
- Additional logon password code provided by Google Authenticator smartphone app or WinAuth desktop/laptop app
VPN Group Link
VPN Quick Link for requesting access to the VPN
VPN Quick Link for accessing the new VPN Frequently Asked Questions Website
VPN Quick Link for connecting to the VPN via the Clientless VPN
- It looks like JHConnect has been replaced with a new service, JHPulse.
To find it, log into myJH, choose "Technology" from the side menu, and then "JHPulse".