Answered By: Alan Zuckerman Last Updated: Jan 26, 2017 Views: 1269
It depends upon who you are and what you want:
- All JHU students and affiliates (e.g., alumni, spouses): 16 weeks
- All JHU faculty and senior staff: fixed due date of June 30
- McNaughton (popular) books: 2 weeks (14 calendar days)
- McNaughton DVDs: 1 week (7 calendar days)
RECALLS -- Remember that books can be recalled from you by another patron, and that there are fines for overdue recalled books.
- A recalled book gets a NEW due date, which is in 10 calendar days. You will get an e-mail with the new due date on it.
- The exception is a book that is recalled because it's needed for Reserves -- THAT new due date can be as short as one day.
- If you need a book that is checked out but you don't want to wait for 10 days, you should request it from Borrow Direct, which only takes 3-5 business days.
- If you get a recall notice for a book that you have checked out, and you return it 5 days later than the new due date on the notice, your borrowing privileges will be blocked.
RENEWALS OF REGULAR BOOKS:
- JHU borrowers: unlimited
- Everyone else: 2 renewals
The library does not rent books at all.