Special Collections and Archives uses the Aeon system to register researchers and help them request materials. We ask that researchers register with Aeon in advance of their visit. You do not need to be affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University to use the system.
The Aeon system offers many benefits to researchers. You will be able to:
- Register online
- Request Special Collections and Archives materials in Catalyst and ArchivesSpace, including the holdings of the John Work Garrett Library and the George Peabody Library
- Maintain a record of your requests
- Reactivate a request if you need to see materials again
- Create a list of items you may want to see prior to making a request
- Assign keyword tags to help manage your requests
- Schedule your visits online
If you have questions about using the Aeon system, please email Special Collections staff.