Q. How do I configure my laptop for wireless printing in Arthur Friedheim Library?
Answered By: Oleg Tsygan Last Updated: Feb 22, 2018 Views: 209
You can send your print job as an e-mail attachment from any device!
For more information, please see the JHU Mobile Print Instructions!
Before you begin
- Read and make a copy of these instructions.
- Review Johns Hopkins IT use policy.
- Close all programs except your browser.
- Login to the Johns Hopkins secure "hopkins" network using your JHED ID and password, or connect to JHU wired network.
Note: Popup is currently not compatible with the Fast User Switching feature of Mac OS X. Always disable Fast User Switching when installing Popup on a computer.
- Download the file FRLib.dmg.
- Double-click this file to create a new disk image in Finder. This disk contains the Popup installer, Popup.pkg.
- Double-click the installer to run it. You may be requested to authenticate as administrator.
- Click Install (or Upgrade). The installer automatically installs Popup and required support files.
You installed "FR-Lib” printer.
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 64 bit instructions:
Install the software (must have Administrator privileges)
- Download the installer file: FR-LIB_for_x64.exe.
- Double click downloaded file to run it.
- Follow prompts to Install and Finish installation.
You installed "FR-Lib on ESMPHAROPRNTP1.WIN.AD.JHU.EDU" printer.
CAVEAT: Do not change the name of the printer or its settings. If you do, the printing may no longer work.
- Begin printing as usual using your browser, word processor or other application.
- At the first popup window select the printer you want to use, make changes as necessary, and click OK.
- Enter a name for your print job in the next popup window.
- Retrieve your print job.
If you have a problem, please report it to Laptop Printing Support.