How do I rent short-term lockers?
As of October 1, 2013, all short term lockers will be treated like regular (semester-long) lockers.
ALL LOCKERS (except Day-use)
As of October 1, 2013, lockers will no longer be assigned through academic departments, but will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to any active JHU student.
- Students who currently have lockers assigned through their departments may keep them until the end of Spring semester 2014
- Students can reserve one locker at a time
- All locker users must register and pick up locker keys from the Facilities & Support Services office, located at the north end of A Level, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM
- ADA/accessible lockers are available; please call 410-516-8338 to request one
- Pllease report any problems with your lockers to the F&SS (410-516-8338).
- Locker keys require a $5.00 cash deposit, which will be refunded when the key is returned
- Locker rentals expire at the end of the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters
- Keys must be returned by to the F&SS office by 5PM on the Monday after final exams end
- There is a $25.00 charge for replacement of a lost key, which will be charged on the first day after the key was due. (This is non-refundable even if key is found and returned later.)
- To keep your locker for another semester, renew it during Reading/Finals weeks, by 5PM on the the Monday after finals
- There is no fee for renewing
- Renewals can be made in person at the F&SS office (MSEL A Level), by phone (410-516-8338), or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You should receive a confirmation note to ensure that your renewal request has been received
- Students must give up their lockers upon graduation or losing active status (keys are due on the Monday following finals)
- Any personal material left in the locker after the rental expiration date will be taken to the Lost and Found division of Campus Safety and Security
Day-use Lockers – In the Brody Learning Commons (BLC)
- There are 100 day-use lockers in the BLC (20 on each level)
- Lockers have outlets so that devices can be recharged
- Lockers are cleared out every morning at 6am, and materials left in lockers are taken to Facilities & Support Services (F&SS; MSEL A-Level)
- Materials are usually left in F&SS for one week. After that, they are transferred to the Lost and Found division of Campus Safety and Security
- There are also 20 day-use lockers next to the Special Collections Reading Room (BLC M Level), and are for the use of Special Collections researchers only, during department hours. These lockers do not contain outlets.
- Locker keys are for the use of the assigned individual only and should not be transferred or loaned
- The library is NOT responsible for any damage, theft or vandalism that may occur to the locker and/or its contents
- No food or hazardous material is allowed in the lockers or carrel areas
- Facilities & Support Service staff have the right to access your locker for library business